Sunday, October 7, 2012

Ink + Dryer = BIG MESS


Sunday is laundry day. This has been standard in our house for years. Today was not a happy laundry day. I put in our first of three loads today and everything was off to a good start. Well not after that first load dried. I go to take out the Jared's jeans and there it is, ink all over my hands. This is when panic set in and I realized there must have been a pen in Jared's pocket. Yes that was it and it busted all over the dryer. The good new was my sweater I tossed in at the end took one for the team and only a little got on the jeans. The bad news is my dryer is now covered with blue ink! So I Googled "ink in dryer" and this great website comes up. The Happy Housewife, here she had the same thing happen and was able to get it out with fingernail polish. So I took her advise and went to cleaning the dryer. Well my results were not as great as hers but it helped a lot.

Before: Notice the pen marks.



After: Most of the big marks are gone but I could not get the area around the lent trap to come off.