Sunday, October 28, 2012

Breakfast for the Week - Egg Muffins

For the past 6 weeks I have been low-carb, low-sugar and I feel great and have lost 9 lbs!!! As part of the 6 week routine I have had to adjust and ensure I had food that I could eat and not give into the temptation of bagels and pizza. So I have been making egg "Muffins" for my breakfast. I make a dozen each Sunday night to last me the work week. They are so easy and you depending on what you add to them you can change it up each week. They would also be great if you were having a lot of people over for brunch for for Christmas morning.
 
Here is what you need:
 
Egg Whites
Cheese
Muffin Pan
Non-Stick Spray
Oven Pre-heated to 350

 
 
I add peppers, fozen spinach, and onions. In a skillet cook all of your items until they become tender. Besure to add any spices and seasonings you like. I add Mrs.Dash Garlic Blend. 
 
 
 
 
Remenber to spray your muffin tin with non-stick spray. Once items are cooked disperce evenly in all 12 muffin slots. Sprinkle cheese on top of the mixture.
 
 
 
 
Once all items are added fill cups with egg whites. Add Salt and Pepper at this time and stir with a spoon to mix in all ingredients.
 
 
Bake at 350 for 15 - 20 minutes depending on how you like your eggs. If you are cooking these for the week remeber you will re-heat these in the microwave for 1 minute.
 
 

Enjoy!!