Thursday, August 2, 2012

National Ice-cream Sandwich Day

Today is national ice-cream sandwich day! Everyone should go out this afternoon and eat an ice-cream sandwich.

Is there really a better way to enjoy a hot summer day than with cold vanilla ice-cream wedged between two thin pieces of chocolate cake?

I personally love ice-cream sandwiches. They take be right back to my childhood. The vanilla ice-cream melting down my forearms and the chocolate cake ending up on parts of my face that have my mom still wonders how it happened. No matter what there is an ice-cream sandwich for everyone.


Here are some ideas:

Are you indecisive?

Try the Neapolitan, you basically get 3 sandwiches in one.













Watching your waist line for the beach?

Skinny Cow has a verity of flavors for only 100 – 150 calories.















Feeling a little Martha Steward coming on?

Make your own at home and enjoy any day of the year.





Wanting to go all out for this great day?

Go with the Macaroon Sandwich Cookies. This reminds me of one of my friends, she loves Macaroons so I know she would love these.




Love Homepage but don’t want he hassle?

Sur La Table offers a gourmet box mix that will have everyone thinking you are Suzy Homemaker. Stonewall Kithen Ice-Cream Sandwich Cookie Mix